The Big Picture
Want to stay healthy during your college years? Here are some tips!
- NetNutrition provides nutrition data for the products we serve on campus.
- Free nutrition counseling and education is offered to students in the Student Wellness Center in the RPAC.
- Keep portion size in mind and focus on the foods you need to get more of in your diet, such as
- Whole Grains
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Low-fat or Fat-free dairy products
- Lean meats and protein
- Beans or legumes
- For specific recommendations in each food group, check out the "Tips for Healthy Eating" tab.
- Drink calorie-free beverages like water, fruit and vegetable infused water or unsweetened tea. Milk (cow, soy or almond) is also a good option, as it contains calcium, protein and Vitamin D.
- Ask for dressings, condiments and sauces on the side so you have more control of how much you use.
- Exercise regularly! Click here for a full schedule of group fitness classes at the RPAC.